Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I am that loser mom....(just hear me out)


I was watching Wheel of Fortune the other night (superfan, I have a wheel ID and everything). Supercool and no that is not the reason I am a loser mom. Colin and I always have a competition to see who can solve the puzzle first, it doesn't count if you just get a few words you have to get the whole puzzle. There are some tricks to this....you can't solve the puzzle aloud or the competitor will steal all your hard work and win that round. Very tough for me....plus I am competitive and I get really nervous that Colin will solve the puzzle before me and that makes my heart beat really fast messing with my thinking. (then we get into the whole anxiety thing...nobody wants that). ....and no that isn't the reason I am loser mom, although you may think so by now. I also like to predict where the really good prizes are on the final wheel spinner thing....I think it's all in the stars....big money and cars, oh and no wammies....wait wrong game.

So back to my thought and title of the blog. The contestant who won was introducing his precious family and friends whom he brought with him for his Wheel debut. It was his mom and his cute girlfriend. I was torn...who did I relate to now, the cute girlfriend or the mom. I continued to watch and celebrated as this young man took home over $60000 home. I told Colin he better be buying her a ring...and then it happened. He didn't know who to hug first mom or the girlfriend. Well hello....I would have always been all about the girlfriend, but now I have a son and I am that mom. He went back and forth hugging his mom and kissing his girlfriend.

Colin looked at me and said...what are you going to do when Camden brings home his first girlfriend.....I sat puzzled because I wasn't the only one who noticed the awekwardness (word?). I told Colin I would be nice to her.......I guess, I don't want to think about that. I am still getting past the point that I am no longer the girlfriend....I am the mom. I get to be a mom, and am thrilled to be a mom.
PS I don't think I am a loser or that the "mom" on Wheel is a loser....I just had to accept the new role I am playing in life...

No comments: