Thursday, May 27, 2010

More then Conquerers

So this morning, I turned on my music and sat down in my cozy chair with my coffee and grabbed my Dobson book....only to feel the spirit telling me to put that down and get my bible. I got up and opened my bible to Romans, and I feel He led me to Romans 8. What a breath of fresh air for me. I have had a weird couple of days health wise. I haven't felt terrible, just really shaky (sp). I hold a glass and shake, I type and shake....now am I anxious or is this something real. To rule out the "realness" I went to the Dr. yesterday and told her my symptoms. She ran a quick EKG and it came back abnormal....seriously? After she told me my EKG was abnormal she said "now let's listen to your heart..." I told her it was about to pop out of my chest. I left the office yesterday with fear....I am waiting to hear when I have an appt with a cardiologist. My Dr said that it may be the machine, but for peace of mind she wants me to follow up. Thank goodness, I am thankful for her thoroughness, but now my head is spinning. So, this is why God led me to Romans, and why as I sat down to type this Christy Nockels "healing is in your hands" came on. Isn't our God good?

Today I am resting in Him, covered by His love....high, wide and no matter where I am. He is there. I am thankful that NOTHING can keep me from God, and that He has walked before me, He will never leave me, and loves me so much. With Him we are more then conquerors.


Romans 8:29-30 (The Message)
29-30God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity he restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in him. After God made that decision of what his children should be like, he followed it up by calling people by name. After he called them by name, he set them on a solid basis with himself. And then, after getting them established, he stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what he had begun.

I went through and made the you version of this scripture....(Romans 8:29-30 personalized)

God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the life of you along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in line for you, he restored you. We see the original and intended shape of your life in him. After God made that decision of what you should be like, he followed it up by calling you by name. After he called you by name, he set you on a solid basis with himself. And then, after getting you established, he stayed with you to the end, gloriously completing what he had begun.


1 comment:

Amber said...

This reminds me to listen for God to speak in the morning. I wake up, feed Bennett, play with Bennett, put Bennett down for a nap, and then catch up on email/blog/etc. Pushing God to last place. Now, I need to stop and be quiet with the LORD.

I hope all goes well with the Dr. Keep us posted

Just got Bringing Up Boys in the mail. Hoping to start it once I finish Too Busy not to Pray