Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lucky


I love this book by James Dobson. I think that I am a wee bit traditional when it comes to family life. I do believe that Colin should be the head of our home and the main bread winner. That I am to clean, cook (I do my best), and care for Camden. I do love that I have the opportunity to work 8 hrs a week. I do believe that if my working outside the home (so few hours) began to take a toll on Camden, I would walk away. I believe my first priority is a mom. I believe that I have been entrusted with a very special gift. I am so thankful for this little guy. He is growing into this sweet little boy...I guess he is a toddler now, I can't accept that my baby is a toddler. He no longer takes any bottles, he eats three meals a day, two snacks, and is almost walking. He has a sweet demeanor and loves to dance. Right now it is a toe tap be bop, but I love it. All this said, he brings me joy. My ability to be a mom is more then I could ever ask for. I am a lucky girl and so thankful for my boy.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Amen sister! I love what I do too, but the world changes when kids come along! It's not that I would HAVE to stay home, it's that I WANT to stay home! There's evidence all around us that the current way (parents not around) isn't working. I'm traditional too girlfriend!