Monday, May 24, 2010

Why?

Maybe Sampson would need a new house too...
For some reason I feel like God is really tugging at my heart these days. I am trying to be aware of His promptings and to act accordingly. Honestly, some of the tugging He does is uncomfortable. Some of the tugging I try to justify is me, and not Him and ignore it....but then I realize it was Him. One I am trying to discern is our home. Colin and I are so fortunate. We live in a beautiful house and great neighborhood. Great schools, neighbors, and family minutes away. Over the last six months we have been out and about looking for new houses and we don't know why. It is fun to look...right? I like to imagine our family in a new home, how would we decorate, would it be good for hosting parties, how about the yard....shady,1 acre or 5 acres? can we put in a pool? I try to picture down the road when Camden is in school....will he like having his friends over? I don't know, the biggest thing I look for when walking in a home is will it fit a HUGE table for our family Thanksgiving....is that crazy? I need a room that will hold 20+ family and friends once a year. That is a deal breaker for me (and I would like the laundry room on the same floor with the bedrooms). I guess I enjoy being a hostess, I want to make sure I can entertain my guests and that everyone has a place to sit and chat. I need a good place for food to be served, and a spot where I can put my ipod to play some of my favorite tunes. All this to say....do I want to move or is God calling us to move? I don't know, I am willing....

No comments: