Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A is for Apple


So I am still reading my Dobson book (yes, I am a slow reader, especially if I want to comprehend). My books are very marked up and flagged....in hopes I can find information good points in the future. So I was reading about school and boys today, and just bought a CD on how to teach Camden to read....seriously! I think that I may have jumped the gun, but I will be ready (in like 3 years). I also bought another Dobson book Dare to Discipline, I love PayPal...don't know if Colin will so much. I just want to be prepared....I do not intend to start teaching Camden to read tomorrow...I just get anxious when I read and don't want Camden to fail. I understand that he will take risks (I want him to do that), and because of the risk, he will fail. In those moments he will learn so much. I just want to be there to pick him up, and let him know it is OK. I want to do my best to prepare him, I don't want to create a bubble. I want to teach him how to know the difference between right and wrong...and to listen to the Holy Spirit. I want so much for this little guy.....ultimately I know it is not about what I want though. So after calming down, I decided to pray and just give Camden to God for the millionth time in 14 months. So thankful that I am not alone in this. God has the plans....I am just hear to love, encourage, and pray (ALOT).
Now where are my alphabet flashcards....I have to teach that boy to read today!

No comments: