Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Refresh

Thoughts about serving....
My accoutability group has been talking about ways we can serve and love the community. We have been thinking that it is time for us to go and love others. Almost two years ago my Nana had a stroke. She was placed in the Hospice unit at St. Joe, and I have never seen such love in my life. She had the best care, and was truly loved over her final weeks. The nurses and Dr's not only took great care of my nana, but the loved us too. They sat in the room and told us incredible stories, they are amazing, faithful people. They deal with death, and have a firm grasp on God and His amazing love. Nana was loved until her last breath. She had a nurse that she just adored and when she heard that Nana passed, she came in and just hugged her. She had invested in my Nana, she had a few conversations with my Nana, and appreciated her fiestiness. She was nicknamed "sunshine" from my nana, and I know that when our family was not there, Sunshine was....and the rest of the Hospice staff. I can't say enough about how much Hospice means to me....I can't imagine walking through what they do each day. To be honest death scares me....which is why I find it wierd that God is opening my heart and I feel like leading me towards loving the staff and patients at Hospice. I dont know what that looks like yet, but I do have a contact, and I am praying that this happens. Even if it is simply praying, hugging, or giving a flower to a family member who is sad. I wonder if there is a patient who doesn't have any family....I am open, just gonna follow.

No comments: