Monday, August 6, 2012

Lifestyle Change

I have tried to embrace a healthier lifestyle since March 2012.  I was absolutely miserable and very upset about how I looked and more importantly how I felt. I was not motivated, I was not comfortable in my own skin, and I wasn't any good for my family.  I didnt' want to get out of my pajamas each day, and when I did it took me 2-3 changes of clothes to find something that I was comfortable in wearing.  It was bad.  I remember my breaking point was when I saw a picture of myself in the above said pj's at our Easter Egg Hunt.  I could see that I was unhappy, I looked like a bit of a slob, and had a heart to heart with Colin.  He was so encouraging and wanted to help me reach my full potential physically, mentally, and emotionally. 

In March, I started going to a doctor and nutritionist who helped me get on track physcially.  They gave me recipeds and tips on what to eat and what not to eat.  Just having that accountability and the ability helped so much.  I started to cook more at home, and am so fortunate to have a school that has an amazing and healthy spread each day for lunch. 

For March through June I didnt exercise, I focused on what I ate and lost 25 pounds.  When I lost the weight and could fit into my wardrobe I had in my closet I got excited.  (I didn't fit in anything comfortably, but my pj's, I was at the point of moving up a size).  In July, I decided to run/walk a 10K for a sweet girl that attends TLS.  She has recently been diagnosed with JRA (juvenile rumatoid arthritis).   I realized that I was not going to quit that race because I was running for a reason, I had a goal and a person in mind to finish for.  It felt so good to excercise again and I knew at that point I wanted to set another goal for myself. 

I have read a few books on running over the summer and decided that I wanted to run a mini marathon.  This time, for my hubs and his trip to Indonesia.  I have tried training and running a mini twice before and failed...quit.  I knew that this time I wanted to set myself up to win.  I began going to a chiropractor to make sure my body was aligned (the last two times I quit because of my hips and knees)....I wanted NO EXCUSES. 

So this is where I am....I have trained for two weeks and feel like this experience has been emotional, physical and now mental.  I know that this is mind over matter....I can and will finish the race, not for me, but for my husband and what I know he is going to do for the people of Indonesia.  I know that during this training, as I push myself, it is worth it. 

I am proud of myself....I am glad that I get to run for a reason. I am praying that by embracing this healthier lifestyle I will be around longer to watch Camden grow up, graduate, marry and start his own family.  God has given me "temple" and I want to be a better steward of what He has given me.

2 comments:

Patrice said...

This is so inspiring, Emily. Thanks!

Daus Luid said...

Sebagian besar suka olok-olok dan persahabatan bermain orang-orang nyata, sementara yang lain lebih suka tinggal di motif virtual hanya dengan uang yang nyata. Menemukan seseorang dengan orang yang berpikiran sama menjadikannya pertemuan sosial yang asli dan Anda bertemu orang-orang dari seluruh penjuru dunia.
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
hobiqq
rajawaliqq
http://192.254.236.33/dewaqq78/