Thursday, February 12, 2009

Failed....

Well I failed my glucose test this morning. I was shooting for under 140 and managed to overachieve with a 169. I am scheduled for a 3 hour glucose screening tomorrow morning. My sweet nurse Jennafer assured me that this mornings was just a screening and many women have to go through the three hour test in order to be clear from gestational diabetes. I will begin fasting at midnight tonight and go to the lab at 8:30 tomorrow morning. I will have initial bloodwork and then drink some more awesome juice and then more bloodwork on the hour for the next three hours. The good news is, Komona who works in the lab is a champ and ALWAYS gets my blood pain free so I am not too concerned. The bad news is, I have had this test before and know how crappy you feel durin the last hour. If I do have gestational diabetes it is diet controled (maybe I will get into the bridesmaids dress), and if serious with medication. I am so thankful that I am off school this week and can do this first thing in the morning and not have to take another half day from school (that I don't have). Plus, after my test Mom, Dad, and I are off to St. Louis for the weekend!

I have to be honest, I do feel as if I am not being a good mom with this potential diagnosis. Have I eaten poorly, should I have steered clear from those cokes? Who knows? Just a little down, maybe the pregnancy hormones! So thankful that this little guy IS 28 weeks today and he sounded great today. Strong, Strong heartbeat. He is taking more of my iron so I have to start on some Iron tomorrow (well Saturday since I will be fasting tomorrow). Anyway, not great news for mom, but baby is plugging along! Thanks for praying. I won't know the results of my test until Monday, so I promise to keep you posted. I probaby will be off here until Sunday or Monday so everyone have a great weekend.

Em

3 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

1. YOU ARE A GREAT MOM.
2. YOU DESERVE A COKE EVERY NOW AND THEN.
3. YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK GREAT IN THAT BRIDESMAID DRESS.
4. CAMDEN IS AWESOME.
5. YOU ARE AWESOME.

Love you, friend. Have so much fun this weekend, and let me know how tomorrow goes!

Us said...

Allie failed her first test, but passed the second! There is hope!!!

majorfam said...

I actually failed the first test with both of my pregnancies and passed the three hour one both times. I even fasted from sugar the whole day before the one hour with my second daughter. There is definitely hope! But even if you do have gestational diabetes, it does not mean you are a bad mom. Some people's bodies just process sugar differently when another human is involved:)