Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Here and There.....

Well, as you know I did pass the extensive test I had last Friday and I am continuing to nibble on a few chocolates and have cut back on cokes (maybe 2 a week as a treat). I am so excited that I don't have to prick my finger four times a day to test my sugar.....I would rather go have blood drawn then stick my finger with that stapler thingy they use.

This past weekend my mom, dad, and I went to visit the west Baxter's in St. Louis. We had an AMAZING trip. We ate at Maggiono's on Friday night around 8:30 (9:30 LEX time), and ended up getting home around midnight because of our great conversation and amount of belly laughs. I slept great that night and awoke early Saturday morning for a tour around the city and a trip to The City Museum. If you are planning a trip to St. Louis you MUST go to The City Museum and take a walk around Forrest Park. It is such a beautiful park with soooo much to do. I was sad it was cold and we couldn't really enjoy by walking (plus I am in my third trimester). I was a trooper at the museum exploring three flights, and eventually heading home for a quick nap. On Saturday my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin cooked an amazing meal for us. They were such great hosts and I really enjoyed spending the weekend with family. My cousin's girlfriend was with us (who is almost family, I consider her family already), and her mom, who was hilarious. We drank Fresca while everyone else enjoyed a few cocktails. Sunday we started home around noon and arrive back in LEX around 7. Needless to say I was beat and ready for bed.

I was so happy to have some time with Colin before falling asleep at 8:30! Monday was our first baby class at St. Joe East. It was entitled Baby Steps and we LOVED it. It was very informative. We talked about everything from what to expect in the hospital to how to bathe and swaddle your baby. We need to work on the diaper changing thing because at one point Colin had our little doll on his head (oops). We also met a pediatrician from a local office her in Lex and we are going to an orientation at their office in a few weeks.

Tomorrow I will be 29 weeks. Officially in my third trimester. I am starting to go to the Dr every 2 weeks, and will soon be going every week. I can't believe I will be holding my son so soon. Showers are coming up, the nursery is looking good, and my belly is definately growing. Full days exhaust me, but I love my kids and the kisses and love they give baby camden. So, that is what we have been up to. I am sorry I am not blogging as often, but this work thing keeps me busy. I assume when the baby comes I will be lucky to post once a month :)

EM

1 comment:

Mama Smors said...

I can't believe you are already in your 3rd trimester :) That is so exciting! Congrats on the sugar test pass. You'll be blogging all the time when Camden gets here~ babies sleep ALOT and you will be so ready to share your little guy with the world! Being a mommy makes me so proud!