Sunday, March 29, 2009

Interesting start to spring break...

First off, I am so thankful for this week off and am so happy to be home able to spend time with friends and family. My break started off very different then what I had planned. I went in on Thursday for a regular Dr's appointment for me and baby Camden. I knew things were going south when they had to take my blood pressure four times and the only time it went down was when I laid on my left side for ten minutes. Dr. B was not happy with my BP, iron levels, and slight swelling. He told me I needed to come back in on Monday to re-check all of the above. Friday, I woke up so happy that it was our last day before Spring Break, the kids have been great and there is nothing like walking out of work knowing you have a nice long break ahead of you. However, around lunch I started feeling wierd, clumsy, awkward....I can't explain it. One of my friends encouraged me to go have Nurse Kristin (our school nurse) take my BP, it was high. She told me she wanted me to go home that she didn't feel comfortable with me at school. On my way home I put a call in to the dr and they got me right in. My mom took me because Colin was finishing up some things at work. I really didn't think anything of the appointment, just that they were monitoring both me and the baby. After 30 minutes on the monitor and reassurance that Camden was doing great, Dr Butler decided to admit me to the hospital in order to observe me. He felt like I was either pre-eclamptic or dealing with pregnancy induced hyper-tension. Colin met up with me as Dr. Butler was finishing up with the "plan" and I am so thankful because he knew what questions to ask. So there we were....at the hospital on my Friday, my first Friday of spring break. It all turned out well, long night, long day but Dr Butler thinks that it is pregnancy induced hyper-tension and I just need to rest. We did learn about having a bag packed and what we do need at the hospital. We actually are getting one together, I don't ever want to go back without my stuff ready to go again. I felt so lost! I go back on Monday to recheck all of the above....

Please pray that God continue to protect baby Camden and that my body can continue to support him as he develops.

Please pray that Colin and I continue to grow closer through this time, it is very stressful and I know that when I am "resting" I tend to drive him crazy.

Please pray that Camden arrive at the perfect time!

Em

2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

praying, praying, praying my friend!!!! can't wait to hold sweet baby camden! :)

Mama Smors said...

Baby Camden will be here so soon... in God's perfect timing. We are praying for you, friend!