Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You aren't posting about Camden???


(this is my trainer KJ....not really but he is pretty buff)

Nope, my goal is to not say anything about camden in this post (oops, already failed), that's okay he is awesome....I am going to tell you that since I have been cleared for normal activity from Dr. Butler, I have been back to the gym. One of my baby buddies husband's is a trainer, KJ. He has kicked my butt to the point of not being able to sit comfortably or walk well up the steps (or really anywhere). I am meeting with him one on one on Tuesday afternoons, with a group on Thursdays, and with his wife on Saturdays. Even through the pain, I find that I really like the time at the gym. I put my ipod on and work hard, knowing that the benefits of a healthy, svelt (sp), tone body are just around the corner. I can't wait to sport my cheerleader shorts and sports bra (soooo kidding, but you wouldn't believe the girls who do that, then they go smoke outside the gym door). Right now I am having a really hard time looking at myself in the mirror....especially while working out. You would think this self image thing would disappear as your aged, not so much. I am going to keep working hard and hope to get some great results. I am off to the gym right now to run intervals and do an ab workout....right now I am sporting a pony keg....six pack here I come!

thanks KJ (Nakada, you tell him he is awesome and I am so thankful)
Em

PS. Did I mention Camden was awesome?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi!! Really behind on my commenting and getting back to people and all around life, but I wanted to tell you it was SO GREAT to see you at Target! we really should get our sweet boys together and hang out sometime! I am sure they are ready for a play date :)

I feel the exact same way about my body. I look in the mirror and wonder where the heck I went. I have gotten back on the old Wii Fit, but that is the most I am up for at this point. Maybe someday I will join a gym...

Mama Smors said...

Girlfriend, Give yourself a break. Your sweet little guy is just 2 months old!! It will come off... ecspecially as Camden starts moving! It's easy for me to encourage and forget that I felt just like you :)

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

so stinkin' proud of you... and sooooo jealous! i wish i could come with you!!!