Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thoughts?


So I went over to my mom and dad's today to pick them up for lunch on Harry's patio and I had some mail delivered to their house. It was addressed to Emily Baxter and had a ton of coupons, and also a postcard from A Helping Hand Adoption Agency. I had never heard of this agency and when I got home from lunch I took a look at their website.
Check out their mission statement:


We Will Care
We will care for the orphan wherever he may be found.If he is thirsty, we will give him drink.If he is hungry, we will give him bread.If he is naked, we will clothe him.If he is homeless, we will shelter him.If he is without comfort, we will hold him until he knows the love of his Heavenly Father.This is our mission at A Helping Hand Adoption Agency.


They are a christian based agency and provide both domestic and international adoptions. I looked through their website for about an hour and was really impressed. I don't know what to think of it, I am so excited about this IVF process and the possibility of having a baby on our own. I think that I will tuck this website away and be thankful that this could be another form of hope for us down the road. Right now I am just going to continue praying for God's will to be done if that is through IVF or adoption, I can't wait to see. Not mine but yours....


Em

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Emily-
This is the agency I traveled to China with...they are WONDERFUL. That is from my perspective as a travel companion. I, of course, was not the one that had to deal with them through the adoption process, but I think Zova was very happy with them as well. If that ever becomes something you are interested in, I think A Helping Hand is a great potential agency. (I look over their website every once in a while myself). In the meantime, we'll keep praying for this road you are traveling right now!!!!!! Who says you can't do both!!!
Leigh

Marie said...

I just love reading your blogs! I am so happy that I found it. Please know that I am praying for you. I know what that nagging desire is like and I pray that God will bless your womb, but also remember that should the answer be no or not right now, cling to the verse in Psalm 113:9, He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Don't you just love that! A friend of mine once said that all she ever wanted to be was a mom and she was very angry at God for not allowing her to have children. Then one day, she looked at her beautiful daughters (they have adopted) and realized that God had indeed answered her prayer...she was a mom. Not of her own womb, but then she had never asked that, just that she be a mom and she IS. She is one of my closest friends and I encourage you to check out her blog - http://thisboat.blogspot.com/

know that we are praying for you.

Take care