Friday, July 25, 2008

McGarvey

Last night we had a very relaxing night at the lake. It was so good to sit and talk with good friends. We watched chick flicks, ate chocolate covered strawberries and bananas, and stayed up late. I felt like Suzy Homemaker as I woke up around 8 to make muffins and coffee for the crew. I have had a really hard time sleeping the past few nights. I don't know if it is from the injections or the face that my mind is racing and I just can't seem to get into my rapid eye movement (REM, I learned that in high school biology and have no idea what it means). Please pray that I can adjust to these meds and sleep through the night, I miss sleep. It especially stinks because I am having random hot flashes.....so sorry to complain.




We did enjoy our time together and I am so thankful for Jess and Swill and who they are in my life. They always listen and know the right things to say. I also know that they are praying hard for us. Last night during my quiet time I read in Mark 5:24-34 about a woman who had been bleeding for years and in faith simply touched Jesus cloak to be healed. She had faith that Jesus was her ulitmate physician, the one who would bring her back to life and He did. He told her, "Daughter your faith has healed you, Go in peace and be freed from your suffering." I know that God is the creator of all life, and He is the one who will bless us with a child, and we are temporarily suffering and longing for this precious baby, but in faith know His plan is the best plan.






When we got home later this afternoon I cleaned the house because our good friends Jenny Ann, Jason, and their 7 week old baby girl Addisyn are here to visit. Jenny Ann's dad is at the VA ICU and having difficulty breathing. They are still stumped as to what is going on, so please pray for the Beaumont family as they go back and forth from here to the hospital. Right now, Colin and I are babysitting sweet little Addisyn while Jason is picking up Jenny Ann. I really think we could do this. She is in Colin's arms asleep on the couch watching Old School (ear muffs). I love seeing him snuggle with this precious little life.






One more thing.....Mac (my brother) got a pretty sweet tatoo tonight. It is a the McGarvey crest on his upper right shoulder. He sat for three hours as they needle pointed this incredible piece of art on him. I think it looks really cool. Please be careful with him over the next few days, he is a wee bit tender.






We love you guys....I am off to bed and hope to sleep tonight.



No comments: