Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fire Hydrants


Holy Cow! What a butt-load of information we went through today. Colin compared it to drinking out of a fire hydrant. I think that I took good notes and feel much more confident in doing some of the shots independently. This is definately something we can handle (it is true, God doesn't give your more than you can take).


Our class had six other couples and we were the first to arrive today. After they collected our fees (I won't even beging to tell you the amount of "fees" we paid today......), we sat down and waited for the other folks to arrive. The first couple that came in paid their fees and sat down next to us. First we started talking about motorcycles, trips to Hawaii, and other lavish things we could invest in, but how we were all here to start families.


The class was very informative and helpful. I got really excited when the nurse talked about the day of implantation when they bring us pictures of the embryos they are going to place inside. She said these could be your first baby pictures. I asked Colin if he teared up during that point, and if you know my hubs you know the answer to that one. I have some specific prayer requests if you don't mind in regards to our class today.


1. Peace and patience in God's plan and timing not matter what the outcome.


2. That my body react exactly as it needs to for each step of the IVF procedure. (there are so many things that could cause the process to stop and have to wait another month).


3. No more than three viable (text book) embryos (we don't want to have too many, and we really don't want to have to freeze any.....this is very specific and I don't want to limit God's hand in this process)


4. For happy, healthy baby or babies Stout


My brain is about to explode from all this information, but I am so thankful for the class and that I have an amazing hubs that is going to walk through this with me. He said he just might even give me one of the shots!!


We love you guys.

2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

WOW, girl! I can't wait to follow this journey with you guys! Of course we'll be praying for those things, just as you mentioned! We love you and can't WAIT to meet the little Stout(s)!

Leigh said...

I'm on it. I will start praying right now for this much loved little one (or ones!). You have to hold up your end of the deal and promise to blog OFTEN. You know I love a good blog. I will promise to follow along religiously and pray!!

Leigh