Friday, April 16, 2010

Author

"I believe there is a writer outside ourserlves, plotting a better story for us interacting with us, even, and whispering a better story into our conciousness."
Donald Miller
I don't know about you, but I am thankful that I am not the writer of my life. I have tried to write my own life many times before (and will again, I am sure), and it never leads to a good story. I know when I am being asked to do something, and it is usually uncomfortable, it is usually from God. I know when I am prompted to pray or call someone, who the prompter is. Why is it so hard to let go and let God write the words on our pages? I remember the first time I truly let God write my story was when we had our battle with infertility...I felt helpless, but always had HOPE! I knew He was in control, no matter what the result, which I am thankful is a sweet little guy sleeping upstairs. That time I also had a leading man, Colin was such a support to me. The drugs involved in IVF make you crazy emotional. Colin was always there with me each night, standing beside me as I did injection after injection. I had one breakdown one night, fear crept in, I was afraid and beginning to feel helpless, I was trying to take over my story again. I remember Colin saying, just don't do the shot, let's just quit. It isn't worth this, I love you and we will figure this out. But there was something inside me that wanted to follow through with this story God was writing....and we all know the end. God is good!
I have hope in the story that God is writing. It may not always be easy, but it is what is best. He has the most beautiful way of weaving words and characters together.
"The real voice is stiller and smaller and seems to know without confusion, the difference between right and wrong and the sublty dilineation between beautiful and profane."
Donald Miller
(as you can tell I am loving this book)

No comments: