Monday, April 5, 2010

Comfort

We are coming down from an amazing week and Easter weekend. We had house guests over the past week. Mac and Whitney lived with us, while waiting to close on their new home. I am happy (and sad) to say they are now getting settled and loving their sweet new digs. I loved having them here. It was so fun to wake up with them in the morning, and hang out together in the evenings. Camden enjoyed Aunt Whitney and Uncle Mac because they made funny faces and made him laugh hard! Easter Sunday was wonderful. We got up around 830 (Camden always sleeps in when Daddy is home). We ate breakfast and then dyed our eggs. I have pictures, they didn't turn out great and I was reminded last night to put vinegar with the dye. I knew I was mising something. We successfully dyed four....I will attach pix tomorrow. Colin found the perfect place for them during our Easter brunch at mom and dad's. Speaking of brunch, we got to enjoy some time with the family. We ate and spent some time outside swinging. It was a gorgeous day. After brunch we went out to the pond to celebrate baptisms with our church. 150+ people lined up to be baptized. It was incredible! What a day. We are so thankful for Easter and that the tomb is empty. We have hope and a future in Jesus.

During the past week Camden was waking up super early, so I wasn't getting my quiet time.....and I missed it! I really look forward to having about an hour before he wakes up to read, pray, and blog. Soooo, he was stirring a little this morning but so far so good. I finished my book, The Me I Want to Be this morning. I think that I am going to read it again. It is such powerful book. It really got me thinking about my life and becoming the person God wants me to be.

"Living the adventure God planned, becoming the person God created you to be, is not one pursuit among many. It is why you were born. It is worth wanting above all else." Ortberg

It makes me question, am I becoming the person God wants me to be or am I comfortable in who I think I should be? I am a girl who doesn't like risk, change, or "mountains." This book is all about risk, change, and mountains. I love Jesus, I trust Jesus, and I want nothing more then to become the true woman of God he has called me to be. My prayer is that I not get in the way of His plan. That I stef aside, not matter how uncomfortable, and trust him.

Easter weekend pix will be posted tomorrow! Love you guys.

No comments: