Friday, April 17, 2009

37 weeks

Well this week we had to visit the Doctor a mere three times. On Monday, we saw Dr. Campbell and got a decent report. On Wednesday, I felt terrible, headache, seeing sparkles, ect. All reasons to call in, so we did. Colin and I met up with Dr. Butler at 1:30, where he ran some labs, checked on Camden and walked us through some options. He knows that I am starting to move towards pre-eclampsia and away from pregnancy induced hyper tension. He is totally on the fence because the only symptoms are coming from me...labs are normal. I promise this is not a hypochondriac moment for me, the headaches and sparkles are real! We had to conduct our own 24 hour urine test from home (very exciting) where is evaluating protein in my urine. Here is what we know so far:

1. If I am done Dr Butler said he would be will to do an amnio at this point to check on Camden's lung development and take my sweet boy. (We definately don't want to do an amnio and are praying that this isn't the route we take)

2. Continue to monitor me 2-3 times a week and once I go into pre-eclampsia, game over time to meet the boy

3. Get to 39 weeks and then induce or c-section.

It looks as if we will be meeting our sweet boy in two weeks at the most. I am more than ready. I have been sleeping much bettter due to my prescription of Ambien. Plus my husband has been amazing over the past few days since my mom and dad have had some fun together in Chicago. Colin has spent the last two days at the Dr's office with me and working from home. The best part is he helped cart around my jug of pee on ice all day yesterday....I was very fashionable and had it in my Henry Brown Bag. What our sweet husbands do for love.

My friend Stef reminded me of this verse the other day and I can't get it out of my head.
Phillipians 4:6-7
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
em

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Love you, friend. Praying for you and sweet baby Camden! Can't wait! :)