Friday, April 10, 2009

Update....36 weeks

Friends,
So sorry to leave you hanging....We had our Dr's appointment on Wednesday and all was well with both of us!  I was so happy to see his little face again during our ultrasound, and they confirmed he was still a boy....thank goodness.  He is growing perfectly and looks to be 6 pounds 1 ounce, and the tech predicted about 8 pounds at delivery.  He was sooooo big, and I may be a little biased and sooo cute.  We saw his little fingers and toes and I just can't wait to hold and kiss every one of them.  We are so close, at the most 4 weeks.  My blood pressure was high, but the Dr didn't seem concerned and said that she was very pleased with both mom and baby.  I go back on Monday for another neonatal stress test and BP check, and then Dr. Butler gets back Tuesday.  I am willing to offer to pay for his next vacation if he agrees to stay in town for the next four weeks :)  
All in all, I am feeling good. Tired and God is definately preparing me for motherhood. I have been up around 3 am the past few nights.  Colin has been awake too and we have had some fun conversations in the wee hours.  So thankful God has given me such an amazing husband, he is going to be such a great dad.  We talk about what life will be like when Camden arrives.  It will never be the two of us again, and I know that we are so thankful for the gift of parenthood, but don't want to miss out on these last few weeks together just the two of us.  He has been such a huge help with cooking, massaging, and helping me put socks on (the little things). 
I am at mom and dad's today gearing up for Stef's shower in honor of her sweet baby.  Their court date is April 23rd so keep praying they pass.  When they pass they will travel to Ethiopia within 20 days to pick up their little man.  I just can't wait to celebrate with her and her upcoming arrival.  
Happy Easter! Where would we be without the cross and God's greatest sacrifice? We are so blessed.
EM

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Amen. "Apart from Christ, we have no good thing." :) Love that verse. So glad you are enjoying moments with Colin, friend. Good idea. I find myself thinking, "Wow! I should really soak this in, b/c in just a few short weeks (Lord willing) it will never be just Nate and me again! Wow! I can't wait to meet Camden!!!! He is absolutely adorable in his ultrasound, so I can only imagine what he must be like in real life! :) Love you, and thank you so much for showering us with such love tomorrow (and every single day)! Love you, friend.