Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thanks

First off, thank you for all the encouraging words, phone calls, posts, and most importantly prayers. It is so cool how God provides stories and people who have walked in these same shoes, and they can be an encouragement to me. Well, last night around 7:00 Colin and I walked into SJE for some more lab work. Dr. Butler just wanted to make sure my labs were staying the same and not getting worse. We had the best nurses ever, and our favorite nurse Jennafer stopped by to check on us (she is Dr. B's office nurse). We got hooked up to the monitor where Camden went crazy, moving all over the place. They checked my pee and blood and I had traces of protein (not bad), and they kept checking my BP. It was high when I was on my back, but as soon as I went on my side it shot down. All good! The nurse called Dr Butler and he gave us some advice. He sent me home with 2 perkisets (sp) to hopefully help my annoying headache, he also told us he was leaning more and more to the amnio, and that he would see us on Monday morning. At one point, Colin and I thought that we were not leaving the hospital without carrying our little boy. When I was signing the release papers Debbie our nurse said we will be seeing you sooner than later! As we drove home around 9:00 (not bad, they were super speedy and efficient), we decided we were going to go ahead and do an amnio. My friend Leann talked to me about the procedure, and she said it was simple. If the lungs are developed I guess the next step would be induction and hopefully meeting our little guy. I am in the process of making some focal points for me during delivery. I think I am going to use the scripture I posted yesterday, does anyone else have any other suggestions. I just decided that what better focal point then promises and truth from God. Another great suggestion my friend Leann gave me was to put a stuffed animal in Camden's little bed, so if he's in the nursery when friends and family stop by, we can say our son is the one with the bulldog webkin (of course). We love you guys and promise to keep you posted. Thanks again for your prayers, and really taking the time to love on us!
Em

2 comments:

Kendra White said...

- But the child's mother said, "As surely as the LORD lives and as you live, I will not leave you." 2 Kings 4:30

- Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

- Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

- He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him. Psalm 22:8

- Her children arise and call her blessed. Proverbs 31:28

- O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant. 2 Samuel 7:28

Patrice said...

A focal point I did not plan but used was Matt's wedding band. When I was holding his and and pushing it just helped me think of all the positive things in my life at that very moment. Also, I feel like I am the only person who ever says this, but I thought that delivery was the single most fun moment of my life thus far. I would do it again and again because there is honestly NOTHING better in my opinion! I am so excited for you guys!