Monday, April 13, 2009

Dr's Report...

(don't worry, I wasn't smuggling any of Stef's gifts out under my shirt, that's a beach ball!)

(My awesome baby buddies, May 23rd.....big day)

(Stef's mom gave Nate and Stef a scrapbook of their adoption journey, tear jerker)

My sweet dad took me to the Doctor again today (Colin just can't get away from work for these BP checks/monitoring). He picked me up at 8:30 and we were off. Dr. Butler gets back tomorrow so I got to see his partner again today. She has taken great care of me, and I really appreciate her. Can I tell you how excited I am that Butler is back tomorrow??? So, to the appointment, BP was OK, not great but I did pass. Then I was on the monitors for 20 minutes. Well sweet stubborn Camden didn't really like being on the monitors and he was very active, so much so that it was hard to trace his heartbeat consistently. So my 20 minutes on the monitor turned into an hour. All was good with my little guy, and Dr. Campbell said to continue on my BP meds, and to come back in on Thursday. She mentioned that my symptoms of pregnancy induced hyper tension would start getting worse and they would try to keep Camden put until 38 weeks. As I sat on the exam table and did the math in my head....I got a little dizzy. OK, this Thursday is 37 and that makes next Thursday......38. Next Thursday, I could be holding my sweet little boy?!?! We are anxious about meeting with Dr. Butler on Thursday to pick his brain about his prediction on delivery, induce or c-section?!?! I can't believe this is really happening. I am ready either way, I am willing to stay put on the couch until week 40 or I am ready to look my little guy in the eyes and tell him how much we love him and how hard we prayed for that exact moment.


What is crazy about next Thursday is that my dear friend Stef is adopting from Ethiopia and her court date is that day. So I could be bringing Camden into the world, and across the world baby Jordan would officially become Nate and Stef's son. Talk about God's timing, and God's perfect plan.....Stef and I have been walking through infertility for the past three years together. Attending each others Dr's appointments, crying, laughing, praying....and now, I am speechless at God's goodness. We also got to celebrate sweet baby Jordan this weekend at Stef's shower. (see pix above). It was an awesome time to love on Stef. You will see in the picture our other Baby Buddy, Nakada. She is the incredible mommy of Sophie and Riley. She returned to work today for the first time since November. I am so proud of her. I talked my dad into swinging by WLEX to take her some coffee and donuts and give her a big squeeze. She is the best momma ever!!

Enough....Good grief a bit long winded. I could keep going, but then I wouldn't have anything to write about tomorrow. Pray for my mom, dad, Jan and Jim tomorrow they are traveling to Chicago for a few days to get away and shop and eat. I am also praying that sweet baby Camden stays put so they can enjoy their trip and not have to rush back. I am also going to have a few long days without my momma being here. Both Mom and Dad have taken such good care of me, but they definately need to get out of here and have fun!


Em

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Oh sweet Em, I love you so much! Baby Camden is just perfect, and the thought of holding him soon and kissing his sweet face just makes my heart melt!!! I am still laughing at how amazing God is.... that he would let us walk through this journey together for so long, and now, maybe, even get to celebrate our baby boys on the exact same day! Praise God! What a great story we have to share with these babies!!! I love you, and I am praying for you and baby Camden. You call if you need ANYTHING this week.... seriously. I will be there in a heartbeat. Love you!