Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bedrest Round 2

Well.....Doctor Butler has advised me to go back on bedrest for the duration of my pregnancy (5 more weeks). My blood pressure has continued to stay elevated, and he thinks that it would be best for me to stop working and keep the ol' feet up. I have permission to attend church and a dinner once a week....thank goodness. I think the nurses believe I am crazy because when they walked out of the room after telling me about bedrest again I started sobbing. I really thought I would make it through the month of April teaching with my team and spending time with my kids. I am really sad that I won't be returning to work, but I do know that I need to be thankful that baby Camden is doing so well and that my Doctor knows what is best! I have started a low dosage of blood pressure meds (like I am 90), and go back on Monday to recheck the BP, if it is still high they will up the dosage. Dr. B is on vacation next week, so Camden is not going anywhere until he gets back. My mom is currently in the kitchen making us dinner for tonight and is back on "duty." She is amazing. Tomorrow I am taking my field trip to Saul Good with the TLS girls and then heading to school to watch Jaci pack up all my stuff.
So thankful that our little guy is doing so well, and that I have this time to relax before he gets here. I am sure once he arrives I am going to miss these quiet days on the couch! Love you guys and thanks for praying.
Em

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So sorry you are back on bed rest! I know you got so bored the last time! Here's hoping the meds get you under control and little Camden can hold off for five more weeks!

Mama Smors said...

I am sorry that you have to be back on bedrest. As hard as it is, enjoy this time of rest while you wait for motherhood to arrive! Can't wait to see your little guy :)