Saturday, April 25, 2009

We did it!


So, so, so sorry that it has taken us this long to catch you up on the Stout FAMILY! On Monday night when we went into the hospital at 8 pm to be induced we found out that we were in labor! When our nurse hooked me up to the monitor she asked me if I felt any contractions. I looked at her like she was crazy, last time I heard those were pretty painful. She also reported that I was dialated 3cm and 50% effaced. So, the "plan" we had which included a full nights sleep changed a wee bit. I jumped in the shower and then put my game face on. Colin and I were in and out of sleep most of the night, and then around 3:30 in the morning our nurse came in and informed us that Pat Duff (the anesthesioligist, sp) was going in soon for two C-sections and he was heading our way to start our epidural. The epidural itself was not bad at all (Pat Duff is the miracle man and hooked me up with some great pain free labor/delivery), however the medicine caused my pressure to drop drastically (espcially since it had been so high) and I got nauseus and a little loopy. I mean it is really weird to have your legs totally numb and not be able to move them....my nurse and Pat gave me a quick shot of something and my body responded really well and I had to sleep. We were in and out of sleep until around 7 and then Colin helped me wash my face and put some make-up on for the upcoming photo shoot. It was a long morning but we speant it with my mom, dad, Mac, and Whitney. I also got a very special visit from my dear friend Jess Cornett. She was there super early and also made us an incredible worship CD to listen to during labor. At lunch we cleared the room because I got nauseus again and started getting a pretty bad headache. My husband was so amazing during this time. We had on our music, I had a scripture focal point and the best man in the world instructing me when a contraction was coming and when I needed to breathe and just cheering me on and loving me during this incredible moment. We kept creeping up in cm and effacement and finally by 4 it seemed that every nurse had entered our room. They were warming up the baby bed! At 4:15 it was go time and at 4:56 our 7 pound, 21.5 in Camden Wade Stout entered the world. I have to go right now and tend to my beautiful son, the rest of the story later. Enjoy the pictures of our family.

5 comments:

Mama Smors said...

YAY i am so excited that baby camden is here :) now your posts are going to be full of baby, baby, baby! congrats again to your fam!

Sarah said...

Congrats Mama!! I am so excited for you guys!

Amy said...

Congrats you two! So excited to here that baby Camden is here and healthy!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Love you guys! :)

Melody36911 said...

I came across your blog while looking at blogs on infertility. I have kept up with it every since. I just love it when one of us has a positive outcome. That is one BEAUTIFUL baby boy! Congratulations and God Bless you and yours.

Beth