Monday, April 6, 2009

Dr's Appointment (Butler is on vacation)

As you know, I love my OB/GYN! Dr. Butler has been such a gift to us as we have walked through the last three years. This week he is on vacation, no big deal. Well, we are getting closer and closer to meeting my new friend, and I really have prayed he be the one that bring him into the world. So today, when I went in at 9 for a simple blood pressure check (5 minutes)and just walked out of the office at 10:40 I am a little freaked out. I met with another Dr. in his practice and she ordered a neonatal stress test (monitor of baby Camden), and that I start coming in twice a week. The reason you ask....my continued high blood pressure. As long as I am laying on my side I am good, if I am up and about it tends to get too high. They are paying close attention to be sure it stays in the pregnancy induced hyper-tension category and doesn't move into pre-eclampsia. I am excited about my appointment Wednesday, it looks like we are going to get an ultrasound so I will get to see my sweet little man again. It has been way too long, I haven't had a glimpse of that sweet face since week 20. I also asked the million dollar question...do you think I will go early? The response from the Dr was if I continue to develop symptoms, then most likely they will induce or take the baby. That is crazy! You know me, I am a women with a plan, and the plan has been May 7th the whole time.....but, I have also learned that my plan usually isn' t the same as God's and HE is ultimately the one in charge and has this great quality of perfect timing. I also listened to Mike Breaux's message from church and got these scriptures......

1 Corinthians 10:31 (New International Version)
31So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Philippians 2:14-15 (The Message)
14-16Do everything readily and cheerfully—no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night so I'll have good cause to be proud of you on the day that Christ returns. You'll be living proof that I didn't go to all this work for nothing.

So, my goal is to lay on my left side and glorify God! I am goin to trust Him and know that He has me here in this position, this place, and this time for a reason. He is the creator and giver of life.....and my job right now is to help my sweet baby come into this world. (Please remind me of this, some days are easier than others). This is much different then round 1 bedrest. Love you guys.

Em

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

love you, friend. i love that you said you are going to lay on your left side and gloify God. so cool. you are exactly right... your purpose right now is to help Camden grow and be healthy, and you're already being the PERFECT mom! :) praying for baby Camden to come at just the right time! now... if only i didn't have to work... i could come be on bedrest with you. :)