Thursday, September 25, 2008

God Appointments...

Well, "it" finally hit me. I have been down most of the day due to this sweet baby Stout. I called in at work, and have been munching on oyster crackers, sipping on hot Sprite and soup. I have slept on and off and in a wierd way feel happy that I feel sick. It must mean there is something going on! Although I have had a rough day I wouldn't miss what God has planned tonight. All my friends that I have met through Dr. Akin's office and Replenish are coming over. My mom has prepared some sweet treats (bless her), and some of my other friends are bringing over some of their favorite dishes. I am nervous....but I really feel like God has made this appointment. I am going to share my book Longing for a Child with the girls, and a small exerpt about how we are not alone. I am hoping and praying that this is an outlet for all of us to feel a part of something bigger, to feel hope, and comfort. Please pray for us tonight.

Em

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Emily I'd love to know more about your book. It sounds like some encouragement I might need, too.

kitzkazventure said...

Thanks so much for opening up your home to us all. What a sweet blessing the evening was to me.
Our adventure is at
http://kitzkazventure.blogspot.com/
the actual adoption months took place in feb/march/april 2007.
karen

Us said...

How but some unsolicited advice...

My doctor told me to take two Vitamin B6 and 1/2 a Unisom at night, & one B6 in the morning. Then poof...all my morning sickness went bye bye. I had been visiting the toilet regularly and the day after I took the vitamins I was healed.

It may be worth trying! And eating cereal before you get out of bed. Good luck!

Jenn Horowitz Alrikabi

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Em, last night was totally God-appointed, I believe. Thank you for opening your home to us. God is so amazing, isn't He? Love you. I hope you are feeling better today.