Thursday, September 11, 2008

Replenish

Last night I had the opportunity to share our story at church. It was an incredible experience, and the best part was connecting with women after I shared. We met in groups according to your season of life and there were twelve women battling infertility. It was so comforting to talk through where each person was and to have a common language and a true understanding of what is going on in our hearts and minds. I am so thankful that God opened that door for me to speak last night. When I got home I was exhausted from the day, but my heart was happy. I exchanged emails with two of the girls last night and am looking forward to building a relationship with them. God is so good.

On another note....so sorry about the venting in my last post. We did talk it out and Colin and I are doing great. We don't argue very much and when we do I just need some time before I am ready to chat. He is so patient with me, and I realize how lucky I am.
Em

3 comments:

Leigh said...

I always think that the best part of taking a risk and speaking is the feedback and encouragement you get from other women after it is over. I love the bond that is formed when someone tells you, "I totally understand what you were saying. You were speaking right to me." It is a great feeling and a neat way that God works. Great job last night!

Kendra White said...

I agree with Leigh... great job last night!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

I third that! You did GREAT last night, and the community that followed was so authentic, so good. Thanks for opening the door for other women to talk about this struggle. Love ya!