Tuesday, May 26, 2009

5 weeks....




I am still having a hard time believing I am a mommy. I look into the monitor at night and see that sleeping baby (or screaming) and just thank God for this opportunity to raise His child. Camden is definately awake more during the day now and has that infamous "fussy" time during the evening. He just wants to be in his mommy or daddy's arms during that time and we love that snuggle time. We have also embarked on this journey of spitting up....not every time, but when he does it is a wammy. I have a call into the Dr today, probably over-reacting but I just don't like it when my child wakes up in the middle of the night with half his head covered in spit-up, or choking. Talk about freaking out, I shed some tears last night because I just feel so powerless. We have switched to the Dr. Brown's bottles and are hoping that helps alleviate the amount of air he is sucking down. Right now my little guy is swining away and sleeping. He will wake up around 11 for another bottle. We go between eating 3oz and 4oz and our schedule tends to change daily. You know me and my routines, I am just trying to be flexible and do what he needs. We tend to eat every 3-4 hours and at night he sleeps up to 6 hours. We are so lucky, he is a great baby and I LOVE HIM!

Also, such good news from my friend Stefany. She and her husband Nate made it to Ethiopia safe and sound and they have met, held, kissed, loved, ect their sweet baby Jordan. Their official court date is on Thursday so please pray all goes smoothly. I am so excited because a week from today we are all meeting the Head family at the airport to welcome Baby Jordan to Kentucky....he's a really big deal!

Em
PS any suggestions on formula, bottles....spitting up is much appreciated!

6 comments:

Us said...

Do you put Mylicon in his bottles? That might help if you're not already doing that. Sorry about the spit-up. I'm lucky that Sadie only spits up when we play too hard after she eats.
-Jenn

Em said...

Good call, I was doing that and stopped, but I will start that back up. So far the Dr. Brown bottles have helped with the spit up.

Nana said...

I love this picture of your baby boy! Good luck on the "spit up" thing.

Kendra White said...

have you tried the incline wedge on his crib??? that say that helps. I know Britney had this exact problem with Hayden and they put the incline in there which helped! Will be praying for the babe!

majorfam said...

Both of our girls were HORRIBLE spitters. The actually both had to be on Zantac for reflux.

Both of my girls took the "Enfamil Gentlease" ( I actually gave them the off-brand-walmart of target)
But the Gentlease has like 1/2 of the lactose which is usually what upsets the bellies.

You could talk to the doctor about what he thinks about switching to that..and if that doesn't work you could try SOY.

Dr. Brown's are great, the wedge in the crib is a must! (OR if you don't have a wedge, roll up a blanket and put it under the crib mattress), and Mylicon is like candy:)

Lastly, for the fussiness and/or spit up you could try GRIPE WATER. It is actually some herb concoction that you have to buy at the health food store. It really works though for belly aches/gas/fussiness. I promise I am not some herbal fanatic but it was recommend my our pediatrician and it did the trick for our girls.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the novel!

Mama Smors said...

most people have said what i would suggest~ ivy was an awful spitter so we dealt with that for the first 6 months:
* when ivy was awake we would have her upright for at least 30 min after eating~ this really did make a difference
* we did a towel rolled up under ivy's matress bc she would wiggle off the wedge thing
* she had enfamil ar which was thick thick formula for acid reflux
* we never used bigger than the size 2 nipple on the bottle bc she drank it WAY too fast
* we used gripe water for hiccups which would usually make her spit up if they didn't stop immediately and it worked like a charm
* i have heard excellent things about gentle-ease formula

good luck!!! spit up is yucky and very scary at night time. before long your little man will be sleeping through the night and you won't have to worry as much about spitting up in the crib.

ps~ how was your date night?