Monday, May 18, 2009

Boob Peas


Love, love, love this guy....he is the best husband and daddy!

First of all I have to brag on my husband....he is the BEST daddy ever. I am falling in love with him all over again as I watch him take on this new role. I am so impressed with his ability to balance me out, and just simply choose to LOVE our little guy. He does everything...including changed every poopy diaper this weekend and took the 3AM night feedings so I could sleep. For those of you who know me, I am a stickler for structure and routine...now Camden has taken to a bit of a routine, but things change. For example he is not eating 2oz anymore, and when he moved to 3oz it freaked me out. First off, the bottles changed, next my body stopped supplying what my sweet by was demanding. This was mainly because the first weekend when we brought our sweet boy home I stopped actually breast feeding and pumped and fed him so we knew exactly what he was getting. I have heard when you simply pump your body usually doesn't keep up with the demand of the little one. So this past Friday I decided to stop pumping and to put Camden on formula (he was on forumla through the night and b-milk through the day). My husband was so supportive because I was really upset that I couldn't keep up. I really wanted to provide for Camden a wee bit longer. Well I conference with a few of my friends about the process of stopping the production of milk.....little did I know how painful this process would be. My friends instructed me to pump less times a day for less amount of time. The first day I did this and applied ice packs. Well the ice packs weren't doint it for me, so again Colin steps in. He goes downstairs where I hear a large amount of sound coming from the kitchen. I think he is creating an ice sculpture....well, when he came back to our room he had in hand two ziplock bags full of peas. The ziplock bags had targets on the side (so I knew where to apply the bag), and a label (which I love labels) that simply said "boob peas." I couldn't stop laughing...even though it hurt. As for today, I am doing really well. Pumping about 5 minutes in the morning and evening...with the hope of once time tomorrow and the next day and then being back to normal.

Oh, and Camden will be one month old tomorrow....4 weeks! I will take a picture of my sweet little guy and post it. Love ya'll.
Em

3 comments:

Mama Smors said...

boob peas!! haha... it is very painful. ivy stopped nursing- cold turkey- at about 4 1/2 months. She like the bottle she was getting during the day! I still had milk coming after 2 weeks~ our bodies are crazy! The pain stopped by about day 5. Hope it gets better soon.
And I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR BOY AT CHURCH!! You are smart for being a rule follower... there is a lot of gunk going on right now. Ivy has a "fever virus" as we speak. YUCK!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

you get the award for the best post title ever.

Unknown said...

you should have photos headed your way soon...and they make my heart go pitter-patter in a big way!! xoxo -m-