Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Doctor's Report


Little Guy ready for the Doctor

Yesterday we ventured out to the Doctor. I had to go to Dr. Butler to have my blood pressure checked (115/80), and have been cut back to one BP pill a day. I was thrilled to show off my little man to the office staff. I feel like they are family, I had been visiting their office 2-3 times a week over the past few months! Dr. Butler was sweet to come and visit us, and of course make me cry. He asked if I ever thought I could love something so much? I have decided that Camden is my heart living and breathing. Dr. Butler was very encouraging and asked me to come back in in two weeks to recheck the BP and I am hoping to be done with the meds.

Camden's appointment went well too. We saw Dr. Hosinski again, who is so great! She gave us a clean bill of health and answered all of our psycho new parenting questions. One big thing is our little guy is almost back to his birth weight, he is 6 pounds 15.5 ounces (he's gained an ounce a day since our jaundice battle). He has also grown an inch and a half. No more with the 2 ounce bottles, my big man has moved onto three ounces and I am afraid the demand for breastmilk is overtaking the supply and I may be moving to formula (sorry babe, not budget savy).

We also changed up his night routine and we have cut out one of the night feedings (so far). However, I didn't sleep well because more food has produced spit-up. I don't like the thought of my little guy spitting up and choking in the middle of the night. I think that tonight I will have no choice but to sleep from pure exhaustion. It is just a season and I am loving every moment I get with him whether it be during the day or the middle of the night. He is the best.

I am going to try and go to church tonight for an all worship service. Colin said he would love to have some Daddy time. We shall see how I feel, right now I am just plum tired. Enjoy the pix.

1 comment:

Mama Smors said...

glad to hear your little guy is growing and healthy!! night time feedings are just a phase, and part of the baby days that go way too quick. enjoy your teeny tiny camden!