Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!!


For all those who know me...you could say a good nickname for me is Anal Annie. Well I couldn't resist cleaning out and reorganizing her cabinets....it was so much fun. When I was finished I couldn't stop opening and looking at it, so I just took a picture. (mom I will be checking to make sure it stays like this).

Proud Uncle Mac and Aunt Whitney (they take such good care of our little man)

My mom and dad hosted a cookout at their house to celebrate Mother's Day. It was so yummy....and we had to take a picture without the significant others....three generations.

The Stout Family

Me and my momma

Me and my boy...our first Mother's Day
What an incredible weekend. My sweet hubs made it a three day stretch of pampering and gifts for my first Mother's Day. On Friday, he brought home the beautiful flowers. On Saturday, he brought home two new pair of Dansko's, my favorite shoe ever. (the joke is I have had the same two pair for about five years and he has said I will continue to wear that pair until the soul wears down. They are really durable shoes and the souls do not wear down!!). Last night at 3AM our little guy had some gas and was fussy, so while we were up he gave me my final installment...a beautiful necklace with Camden's birthstone and a decorative tile with the following inscription...."A mother is one who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love and eccourages you with hope." I have the best husband in the world and am taking suggestions for creative Father's Day gifts....although I know the best gift would be a weekend of hunting. I just have a hard time giving him up for a whole weekend, especially with the baby now, but that would be good :) Enjoy the pictures! Happy Mother's Day to all! Love ya.
Em

3 comments:

Mama Smors said...

happy first mother's day!!! your hubby did good :) where did he find such a special necklace? i have been looking for something like that for a while and would love insight into where he found yours.
loved watching camden's videos. ivy wanted to watch the baby over and over again. she kept saying "hold it"!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

What a great MOther's Day for you all!!!! Way to go, Colin! Your family is so precious, friend! I love you!

Patrice said...

You look so great, and Camden looks like he is growing! Congratulations on your first Mother's day!