Sunday, January 18, 2009

Love long weekends!

So, I have really been horrible at updating my blog. So sorry my friends (all three of you that read this :) This has been a great week! I have completed my second week of full-time work with the sweet kiddo's. Friday, we had parent conferences, so I got to brag about all of my kids to their parents. It was nice to sit and chat with each parent and tell them about their sweet child. I can't wait until the rolls are switched (probablybefore I know it) and I get to chat with Camden's teachers about how he is doing in school.

This weekend Colin and I went to a birthday party at the Dueling Penguin Bar downtown. We ran into a bouncer who thought he was a pretty big deal, I mean seriously you are working as a bouncer at a bar.....you're not that big of a deal. He gave both Colin and I attitude, the icing on the cake was that he kept calling Colin "boss," and that if we didn't like the cover charge (which we didn't argue) we could '"love it or leave it." OK power trip....did I mention it's great that he is employed, but he really doesn't need to treat people like crap. I don't think I will ever go back. Other than the big headed bouncer we had a great night. I felt odd with my coke and big ol belly at a bar, but it was nice to go out and celebrate Whitney's birthday.

We got home around 11, I don't recall the last time we were up that late....Colin was up early on Saturday morning for one of his last deer hunting ventures, the quote was "if it's brown, it's going down" I met up with my friends Michelle, Monica, and Shane and had some coffee at Starbucks. After a nice long nap with the hubs, we headed out to church and then a game night at the Schaeffer's. They had an incredible taco bar set up, and then a mean game of Mad Gab, that my team dominated (Brandon, Rachael, and Nate!!!).

Today, we were busy doing projects around the house. Ceiling fan downstairs, light fixture in Camden's room and just a nice thorough clean out. Now Colin is back out hunting, and Sampson and I are laying around. I am heading to the hospital tonight to celebrate with my friend Nakada. She is having her twins tomorrow morning! Stef and I are taking her dinner and going to love on her belly one last time....I just can't wait to see those sweet babies faces and hold them. I will try to get some cute pix of the new additions, if it is OK with mom and dad.

Em

No comments: