Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tired, but loving it!

I am so happy to be back to school, but can honestly tell you by the time I get home and comfy it isnt too long before I am ready for bed! I will admit that I am a LOSER, and really VALUE my sleep. The days have not been too bad...the kids are getting adjusted to being back at school and tend to be really comfortable with each other this time of year. We tend to have to give friendly reminders of the rules, but the kids are easily redirected and respectful. I have come home the last three days and put my PJ's on and snuggled up on the couch with my big man, Sampson.

Colin is continuing to take really good care of me. He has breakfast ready each morning, and I have had some really bad cravings for soft serve chocolate and vanilla yogurt with colored sprinkles. Last night he was a traffic school, so my dad went out with me to pick some up. I am justifying that yogurt is much better for me than ice cream....right??

I have to work this Saturday, so I am trying to keep plans low key. I am hoping to go spend some time with friends on Friday night, and go to church and dinner Saturday. Sunday we are hoping to get to gether with our Life Group, whom I miss!!!

Our nursery is really coming along. Not only do we have furniture and bedding now, but our accessories are starting to roll in. Yesterday I got a package with some cute boxes for our hutch and today our rug came in. Check out the above pix.... (they won't download for some reason, I will try to put them up later...and check out Facebook)

Please pray for my friend Nakada and my friend Stef. They are my baby buddies. Nakada is 35 weeks pregnant with twins and currently in the hospital. The Dr's keep running tests on her and the babies are doing great, but her little body I think is getting tired. Pray for knowledge for her Dr's and that sweet Riley and Sophie arrive healthy at God's appointed time. She is emotionally and physically drained and just ready to meet her children....holy cow...two kids!
Stef is really close to receiving her referral from Ethiopia. It has been a lengthy, draining, emotional process and she is just ready to see baby Jordan's picture. She has exhibited such patience and trust in God throughout this process and being so close....gosh she just can't wait!!

Love you guys,
Em

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Friend, you are just so sweet! Thank you so much for caring so much about your friends and for praying with us! Love you much, and I can't wait to meet sweet little Camden!!!!