Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow/Ice Day 2009

(Sampson's grill...if you look closely you will see an oyster cracker in his mouth, thanks to Colin)


So today I am feeling a lot better, but woke up to another day off due to the snow/ice storm. I have enjoyed resting and my second round of antibiotics (Nakada, I will be over once I finish these to love on those babies). My family decided to get crazy and meet Stef at Saul Good to celebrate her 4 week old baby boy. We enjoyed a big bowl of chocolate covered popcorn that read "Happy Baby!". We are just thrilled that yet another baby has been added to this crazy group of friends. My mom and dad were at lunch with us, and Stef and I have asked them to babysit on Saturday nights so we can all still go out and have game nights....hahahahaha, I told them only 3 out of the 4 weekends a month, that's not too much to ask right. (joking).

Now onto this weather, I feel like the most dangerous part is actually walking from the house/restaurant to the car. Good grief...get your Zamboni's out, it is an ice skating rink out there. Needless to say we enjoyed the lunch and on the way home my dad got a call that Mac was stuck in Stonewall. We helped him get out twice and then took his poor truck to mom and dad's and Dad drove us both home. What a good dad!!! The family is home safe and sound and not planning on going anywhere the rest of the night. I am bummed because our life group had planned on getting together tonight, and we had to cancel because the roads are worse now than they were this morning (according to Colin). I really miss seeing my LG friends, and am hoping we can connect sometime soon.


When Colin got home he took Sampson out, and I captured the two of them slipping and sliding out back. I thought it was hilarious (obviously from the audio), but I think that we may be the only people who think it's cute. Next year it will be Camden and Sampson.


Speaking of my stud muffin, he is taking me away this weekend to Nashville. He has booked us a room at Opryland, couples massages, and a nice dinner at the Stockyards. He also promises some shopping at the outlets, I know this will happen because there is a Bass Pro Outlet. I am so lucky. I promise to take pix and post if I don't look huge in them. (little self conscience right now).


One more tidbit....Mac and Whitney have nailed down a wedding date, August 22,2009. I will have three months to lose this baby weight. Pray it happens. I am going to baby boot camp with KJ (which you should all call if you need a trainer, out of LAC). Oh gosh, I just don't want to be the one who is waddling down the aisle. (So selfish of me, that day isn't even about me).


Em


3 comments:

Kendra White said...

be patient with the baby weight... i promise you may way less than before you had sweet baby camden, but your body will not be the same! REMEMBER... it took 9 months to get you to this point! Also, if you and stef are together tomorrow! call me, and we will bring by your treats!

Mama Smors said...

sampson made me and ivy laugh!! :) don't be self consious.... you are pregnant (and beautiful)!!! yay for babies- even if they do make us waddle a little.

Em said...

you girls are so sweet. Kendra we need to pray for a miracle, I only have three months before the wedding....