Monday, December 22, 2008

First Day of Christmas Break......

and I was wide awake at 4:30! I have been having crazy dreams about our Dr's appointment tomorow, excited about finding out what is actually moving around like crazy inside of me, and dreading the fact that I am now 31! (my nana would say 21 + 10). We go in tomorrow at 10:00 to find out the sex of baby Stout. I was told by a good friend to drink a coke before going so the baby is busy and moving around and we can get the "money" shot. I am thrilled to finally know so we can start calling the baby he or she, instead of it. We are still up in the air on names, but I have a clear vision of what the nursery will look like.

So back to laying wide awake in bed at 4:30 this morning. Sampson started barking and I told Colin I would take care of him so he could sleep a little longer. I think that our little guy had some sort of nightmare because he definatley didn't need to go outside. He sat there and stared at me through the door, shivering. When I let him back in, he ran right into his house and curled up in a little ball to go back to sleep. As soon as I got back to my bed warm and cozy, Colin's alarm went off. I decided to make him breakfast and coffee. I had to go ahead and jump in the shower at that point because the guys finishing up the construction in our house were supposed to be coming over. I got to my mom and dads at 7:30, and tried to lay back down for about an hour and Sampson barked and played the whole time (I think I am getting ready for this sweet baby). So now I am watching Price is Right, and getting ready to reheat some speghetti because I am starving!! It's the middle of the day for me.....

I am going to try and take me a nap so that I can be rested up for my date night with Colin. We are going to Moe's and a movie to celebrate my birthday. I can't wait. I hope all of my friends are enjoying their first day of CHristmas week.

em

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!! I'm sorry you've been up for like forever though. Well, I just want to thank you for keeping up with us and your encouragement! I always look forward to reading your posts. You have been such a blessing even though you are far away! May God bless you and I can't wait to hear what sex the baby is!!!!!