Thursday, December 18, 2008

Nurseries, Birthdays, and Christmas Lights

(Grandaddy and me on the party bus for Christmas Lights 2008)

Skinny Kris, and Momma Stout



(My delicious birthday cake from Tinkers...thanks Kris and Jan)
(nursery....for sweet baby Stout....will it be pink or blue?)
(the Birthday crew at Saul Good, love you girls)

I am so sorry for slacking off this week, but it has been so busy! I have such great friends, like dearest J Corn who planned a sweet gathering on Tuesday at Saul Good to celebrate my 31st birthday.....I mean 21st Birthday. Monica, Swilly, Jess, Leann, and Lauren came out on a very treacherous night (I had a snow day), and loved on me. It was awesome. I had so much fun girls. Thank you for braving the elements to spend time with me.

I have continued to work half days this past week, but instead of coming home to put my feet up I have been spending time at my parents house. You will see in the pix above that our nursery is coming along nicely. We have the floors down, the bead board, crown, and chair rail up. Everything looks so great. We are going to prime everything this weekend, so on Tuesday (yes, Tuesday we find out what this little bean is), we will be ready for pale pink or pale blue walls. I can't believe our guest room is now a room for a permanant guest in the Stout house....crazy.

Finally, last night we participated in our 8th annual Christmas Lights Extravaganza. This has been a long standing tradition of the Kempers, Baxters, Stouts, and Howards. We have grown out of my dad's suburban and rented the party bus this year. It was awesome. We had a great driver named Scott, and ate, drank (sparkling grape juice for me), and were merry. I was also surprised with another Birthday surprise from Kristin and Jan. I have a picture of the cake above, and some other candid's from the night.

No comments: