Monday, December 1, 2008

I made it!

I am so lucky to have such an amazing job, complete with great kids, awesome team, and all around positive work place. I LOVE IT! I just couldn't stop smiling all morning. We always start our day with an activity called Morning Meeting, it is a 30-40 minute group time where we go over the calender, days of the week, how many days we have been in school, and just chat. I looked up this morning and realized that my sweet kids had sat for almost 45-50 minutes talking to me about Thanksgiving, and other important news. They were perfect! I was so impressed with how much taller, mature, and involved they were in our conversations.....it was priceless. I am now at home sitting on the couch with my little man watching the snow come down and thankful to have some down time where I can put my feet up and rest. I have to admit I am beat.....but I made it, and I get to do it all again tomorrow.

Em

6 comments:

Mama Smors said...

YAY! I am glad your first day back went well. I bet the little ones were excited that their teacher was back!!

Em said...

I was thrilled to be back and see their precious, smiling faces! Great day. Thanks girl!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Yay! I bet they were so excited to have you there! I really need to teach younger ones . . . my kids were really bummed that I had shown up after such a long Thanksgiving break. :)

Sarah said...

So excited you had such a perfect day back!!

Chris said...

Glad school is going well. Sounds like fun. Hope Colin is feeling better. Take care.

Amy said...

I'm so glad that being back at school is as good as you'd hoped! Good luck chasing after those kids!