Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nastiness....

So last night we got together with some of our favorite people, The Head's, The Ranson's, and Dan. I had really been looking forward to spending time with these friends for a week, we were getting together one last time before everyone started traveling for the Holidays. We went all out with Qdoba, and dessert I never actual saw. Do you want to know why? I started throwing up in the middle of the party (no worries, I made it to the bathroom), but that was it for me. I didn't get to spend any time with my friends, and I had to hug the porcelin God for about 30 minutes. Awesome. Poor Colin was being pulled between his sick wife and being a good host. I must admit, he was doing a great job taking care of me. We called our Dr's office and they told me lots of fluids and to take the little nausea pill I had left over from my IVF retrieval (so happy I saved that). Our guests left and Colin did his duty, "in sickness and in health." I must admit I hate throwing up, I don't know who likes it, but I start shaking, dry heaving, and sweating. It is the worst feeling in the world. My sweet husband brought me water, a cool washcloth, and tucked me in tight. I slept through the night and am feeling pretty good this morning. I just ate some toast, drank some water and am now taking one more nausea pill. I am taking it easy today and hoping, praying that the incident was from a place I ate yesterday for lunch. (I only got two bites of my Qdoba down).
Leigh, Aaron, Stef, Nate, and Dan I was so sad that I had to stay upstairs and not celebrate Christmas last night. I just didn't know if it was the flu of food poisoning and didn't want to expose you. Love you guys and am looking forward to many more Saturday night dinners in 2009.
Em

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Friend, I am so sorry that you got sick! I absolutely HATE throwing up! I am just so sorry! So glad that you are feeling better today! Keep resting and drinking lots of water, though! :) I love you, friend!