Monday, November 24, 2008

Babies and Birthdays


(The Sisk's)


(The Jennings')


(The Feola's)


(The Birthday girls.....also sporting babies!)


(Colin's awesome seat during the dinner, this is the main reason we are renting for Thanksgiving, we don't have enough chairs)
Tonight was a really fun night with some really good friends. The Stout's, Sisk's, Jennings', and Feola's all came over for dinner. At first we decided to celebrate Katie and Dave and their sweet little guy we have been praying for over the last few weeks. Then Katie called and reminded me that Nakada's birthday was Friday, so she was going to pick up a cake. On Saturday at church Shane told me that Monica's birthday is on Thursday....so dinner turned into a huge celebration of babies and birthdays. I love surprises, especially when I get to surprise others. We had a great dinner of veggie soup, chili and some really rocking appetizers. For dessert we had an incredible ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins that I just noticed was left behind in our freezer.....not good news for the pregnant lady who is craving chocolate ice cream!

I didn't do much today because I really thought I was set for tonight. My amazing mom and dad prepared the soup for me, and since everybody else brought things for the dinner I was good to go. Then I realized once everyone arrived that my table was only set for six....problem when you have eight guests. Colin and Dave had to sit in some not so comfortable seats we had to add to the table at the last minute. Colin you will see in the picture above is sporting a nice lawn chair, and Dave had to straddle our piano bench. Sorry guys, but thanks for being troopers and taking one for the team.

It was a great night, and an early night. This group of friends also values the ability to go to bed around oh....at least 9:00. That is what you call friendship....Enjoy the pix and Nate and Stef know we missed you guys!!

No comments: