Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get out and vote!


Colin and I had some friends and family over last night to eat up a delicious pot pie. It was really difficult to walk through all the motions yesterday without Taylor, and a nice distraction to have friends over to watch the UK game. After the game and the company left, I broke down. We usually let Taylor out one last time and all go upstairs to bed. Colin and I had a great walk down memory lane as we laid in bed. We don't know marriage without this sweet pup. We will get through this for sure, it is just really weird not having her here anymore.

Last night as we prayed, I realized I had a lot to tell God and thank God for. I guess it went a little long because when I said Amen, my sweet husband had fallen asleep. He was emotionally drained and exhausted. I love praying out loud together, even if Colin falls asleep.

I prayed specifically for this election today. I pray that God be in the center of this country and His will be done. This is such a big day, but God already knows the outcome. Well go out and vote today and after you do that go snag a free coffee from Starbucks or a free donut from Krispy Kream. That is hilarious....bribes to go vote. My mom and dad are taking me today. A. I can't drive and B. One of them is going to stand in line for me until it is my turn to vote. This seems to be a perk to me today....thank you Lord!

My baby buddies are coming over for lunch today. I cant wait to catch up with my sweet friends. We are also throwing Nakada her baby shower this weekend. (lots of friends and family helping decorate and serve, since I will be stuck on my bucket). God is good, I just love Him!
Have a great day.

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

so fun to spend time with you all today! thanks so much for having me and for the EXCELLENT lunch! love you, friend!