Monday, November 3, 2008

For better and for worse....



I would have to say that today has been one of those "worse" moments that Todd Tyler mentioned during our wedding vows. Actually it has been this whole past weekend. I think knowing that we were taking Taylor in today on Saturday made it so much harder on all of us. It was obviously time, she had stopped eating, lost so much weight, and was sleeping all the time. It was not right to keep her around selfishly for us, and have her suffer through the pain. Poor Colin had to deal with my many "breakdowns" over the weekend and he just held me and encouraged me that we were doing what was best for Taylor. He was so strong, so calm, and so brave. He was the one that took her to the vet this morning and stayed with her until she passed. We wanted to be sure the last thing she saw was someone who treasured and loved her. Colin said it was very peaceful and quick. We think Taylor was done...after ten amazing years coupled with so many memories we knew it was time to say good-bye. I am doing really well, and honestly feel a little relieved that we don't have to worry about her hurting, meds, and eating....she is so much better now.

All this to say, I adore my sweet husband and am so thankful for what he did for me this weekend. He is strong, loving, and I am so lucky to have such an amazing man.

em

3 comments:

kitzkazventure said...

So sorry for your loss. Is is so hard to lose those constant companions! What little (or big) gifts they are from God! Our 14 year old shepherd mix seemed to get a burst of energy when we brought Nick home from Kaz but I know the dreaded days are ahead. Glad that you had tons of support and love for this time. Hugs! karen

kitzkazventure said...

OOps! He is almost 13. I counted wrong. On the great side of life, Yoo,Hoo for entering the second trimester. Go baby Stout! k

Sarah said...

I thoguht of you all so much over the last few days. I hope it get easier knowing it was time, but I still can't imagine the heart ache. You all are in my prayers