Sunday, November 30, 2008

One more day...

I think that my sweet hubs is finally on the mend. We slept in the same bed again last night, (he slept in the guest room the night before because he was afraid he would get me sick). Little less coughing, but a lot of snoring, oh well, at least I had him with me. It was hard to go to sleep without him on Friday night, knowing he was sick and just a room away. We are such losers. Right now we are up watching the history channel, a sweet documentary on the battle portrayed in the movie 300, it was awesome (now you see why I am blogging). Sampson is snug as a bug next to me in the big chair snoozing away. We do have rain again today, so he is not thrilled to have to walk outside with that scary umbrella. Colin is much better at dragging him out the door to do his business. Tomorrow should be interesting since I am going back to work. Sampson is used to me snuggling with him on the couch until 8ish. I think I am going to miss that too. I can't wait to go back to school tomorrow morning and stand at the door as my sweet kids walk down the hall to our classroom. It is going to be so good to be back to work.

I have learned over the past 8 weeks to slow down. God has taught me that it is OK to rest, and relax. He will provide the time needed to get stuff done. He has taught me that I have the best family and friends in the world. He has taught me that it is not about me, I had to rest to protect this little life He has so graciously given us, He loves this little baby more then we can ever comprehend. I have learned that God is so good, and He is always there. Although I know there will come a time that I miss this time of rest, but for right now I look forward to see what is in store the next 22 weeks of pregnancy.

I will post tomorrow about my first day back at work. I may not be able to blog everyday (sorry Kristin), but I will do my best to not slack off.
Em

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looking forward to hearing what going back to work is like! I can only imagine your excitement after 8 wks of bedrest. My 2 days was so boring, I was glad to be done on Friday!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Love you much, friend, and so excited for you to get to go back to work and see your kiddos! They are going to be so excited! Sorry I missed so many posts! It was so fun to read all of it, though, and catch up! Happy Monday! . . . and here's to a snow day this week! :) Sorry, couldn't pass that up.