Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful


Soooo, last night I got to go to church. I went to a program called first Wednesday, which is full of worship and scripture. My mom got there first and say on the first row of the bleachers which was perfect. I can't stand up anymore during worship and I have noticed during the weekend services that if I sit in the middle of the bleachers I tend to be looking at the backsides of the people in front of me. Plus we got there early enough to run into some friends that I haven't seen for a while. It was such a powerful night where I was just reassured that God is in control and He has such an amazing plan for our lives. He will walk through every moment with us, ahead of us, and carry us if needed. I am so thankful for that promise!

I am getting so excited about Thanksgiving! We always host the big event where my family and Colin's dads side of the family come over. This year my aunt, uncle, and cousin from St. Louis aro joining us too! We will have a total of 15 people! We are renting some tables and chairs to accomodate our shindig! It is such an easy day becasue not one person does ALL the cooking. Colin and I purchase two-three turkey's and my brother comes over the night before to season them up. The next morning Mac comes back over to start the frying process. We turn on the Macy's Day Parade and fry all of our turkey's plus and few twinkies. Around 12 everyone starts heading our way with 2-3 sides and a dessert. We end up having way too much food, and we always have sooo much fun! I love our tradition of thanksgiving. Everyone stays until aound 4 or 5 and then we crash!

Too much fun! Sooo, enjoy this beautiful day, I hear that it may be my last one to sit outside and eat lunch and read. Love,
Em

No comments: