Thursday, November 13, 2008

Need help....TRISH BAXTER DO NOT READ!

I need your help, please see the last paragraph.....Mom, you better not be reading this. Now feel free to enjoy snapshots of Nakada's shower from this past weekend.


(the baby buddies, I absolutely adore these girls and know our kids are going to be buddies too, Sophie may be surrounded with boys!!)



(Katie came over to help out because I couldn't do anything but sit in a big chair..thank you so much Katie. She even came over the night before to clean, along with Stef)

(Jessica made half the food for the shower...she has an amazing hashbrown and breakfast casserole....you the best friend)



(This is Sophie's sweet burp cloth from Kendra White's business Dots and Doodles)



(This is Riley's little burp coth from Dot's and Doodles, thank you Kendra)


(My mom and I made this little diaper cake for Nakada's sweet babies. Mom found the perfect ribbon and Allison Weece hooked me up with the trick to keeping this beast together)


(my mom and dad at thanksgiving two years ago, God truly blessed me with amazing parents)

OK...I know that I have the most creative, thoughtful friends ever and I am need of help. My mom has been pooring her life into mine for the last six weeks, she cooks, cleans, and sits with me through these long crazy days and now I need a way to genuinely thank her. Any suggestions? She doesn't like spa type activities. My mom is the most giving person I have ever met, she hardly ever does anything for herself. I just can't think of anything. Please help!!

5 comments:

Kendra White said...

here are my first thoughts...
1) hire a maid to come and help her at her house
2) get a journal and each time she does something to help you out jot a short thanks paragraph from the baby... at the birth of baby stout, present her with the journal and some sort of grandmother or "mother" or pearl jewerly. she will treasure the words as much as the guesture!
3) Make a coupon book... each time she does something for you... give her a coupon to redeem when you are able.
these are my only thoughts for now!

Kendra White said...

oh wait... we could do a onesie/bib that says I "HEART" wahtever you are going to call her.. you could give her that one day to brighten her day!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

ok, Kendra rocks. what great ideas!!!! and, if you need a maid . . .you know where to find one! :)

sw said...

I know this is not creative, but a gift none the less...take care of yourself, let others help you, rest and make sure her grandchildren get the best start they possibly can!! I can't think of anything I would want more!

Em said...

Such great ideas...thank you so much for all the input. I am going to talk to Colin about it tonight and see what he thinks....love you guys.