Tuesday, November 11, 2008

December.....

I had a really good report from Dr. Butler, the clot is much smaller, I can start adding small activities to my daily schedule unfortunately that does not include work. I was devastated to hear the news that my next appointment would be in six weeks (20 weeks), and on December 23rd. This means that I will be out of school at least until January. I know that this is ALL worth it, and I don't have any second thoughts about taking it easy, I just really miss my team and class.

Our ultrasound today was incredible! We saw our little bun flip and flop, we heard a strong heartbeat, and another 4D photo. In the photo, we could see our little friend sucking his/her thumb. As for his/her our tech took a peak down under. She told us that right now both boys and girls tend to have things sticking out....when she got where she needed to be she said "but not usually that big." Needless to say, we are leaning toward BOY, but won't know for sure until our next ultrasound.

We are thrilled with the health of our sweet baby, and so thankful for answered prayers. I know that God has a plan during these next few months of down time. We are going to stay near home through the holidays, no traveling (we were hoping to go to Chicago and Texas), but know that we are doing what is best for the baby. I will have some pictures posted tomorrow.

Em

2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Yay! That clot is on its way OUTTA there! :) What an answered prayer!!! I know you are sad about not being able to go back to work, but like you said, it is definitely going to be worth it! I'm wondering if Dr. B could write me a note for bed rest--something about emotional support for my friend, Em? Just a thought. :) Love ya! p.s. what a fun Christmas gift--finding out FOR SURE if you're having a boy or a girl! Fun, fun!

Sarah said...

I am so sorry you don't get to go back to work, but how exciting that the sweet baby looks so great (and maybe boy like!!) I can't believe you don't go back for six weeks! That seems like a long time to me too, but hopefully that will be when he tells you that you can get back to normal (until May!)