Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cribs, Hutches, Dressers...Oh my!


(we bought the crib, dresser, and hutch on the left. Can't believe we now own baby furniture)

We had a really busy weekend. Friday night was absolutly perfect, Colin, Sampson, and I all piled up on the couch in front of the fire and watch some UK basketball. We didn't really enjoy watching the CATS lose, but we did enjoy the time together snug as bugs on the couch. I got to sleep in to 7:30 on Saturday (because Colin got up and sat with our little man), and almost didn't know what to do with myself. At 10:00 my friend Stef came and picked me up and we went to Nakada's house to look at all of her awesome baby stuff. She is expecting twins in late December, early January and has a lot of good stuff. I sat in her glider as she showes us all her pink and blue outfits, blankets, picture frams, etc. It takes a lot of stuff to have two babies. I am so excited for KJ and Nakada and know little Sophie and Riley are some of the luckiest kids in the world. (they will be in really good shape, and eat chicken and broccoli).

I came home and rested for a few hours and then Colin, Mom, Dad, and I went and bought our baby furniture!!! We have purchased our sweet baby's crib, dresser, hutch, mattress and a night stand. We had to buy all this extra stuff to make it into a full bed some day....who knows. I am so excited about painting, decorating, and getting this nursery ready. Although we aren't 100% sure we are having a boy....I really, really, really think that is what is in my belly. We shall see. I will post a picture of the funiture.

Saturday night I got to go to church and then to KJ and Nakada's couples baby shower. I sat the whole time and enjoyed being around good food and really good friends. It is so nice to sit on somebody elses couch and have a chat. We didn't stay long because Nate and Stef wanted to meet our new addition, Sampson. He went crazy when we came home. He was acting like a real puppy. We had him in his house for a few hours, and he was ready to go when we got home.

Today, while Colin was playing at church Sampson and I took a field trip to Grandma and Grandaddy''s. He loved spending time at their house, and did a great job of going outside to go to the bathroom and chewing on his toys. So proud!!
Our life group just left. We had some good conversations and yummy pizza. I will post pictures of our big night. Charlie loved Sampson, but not as much as Blue Boy.....(Sampson's squeaky toy). Needless to say, I am exhausted and wanting to curl up on the couch with my snoring dog. So that is what I am going to do. Look for pix tomorrow of our Lifegroup dinner.
Em

2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Such a fun weekend! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the furniture!!!! Your baby is going to be stylin'! :) Love you, friend!

Sarah said...

LOVE the furniture! We haven't even started looking yet...guess we need to get on that!