Sunday, October 5, 2008

9 weeks...

(9 weeks, size of a quarter)

Thank you so much for all your comments and suggestions on finding out the sex. I have also been asking around and I believe my personality combined with my sweet hubs will force us to find out what this sweet baby's sex is. I am a HUGE planner, and although I think it would be really cool to wait and be surprised....when the time comes at 20 weeks I will be itching to find out and call him/her by their own name. We love reading our pregnancy journal every night, we have a book of prayers for expectant mothers that we also enjoy.

We go back to Dr. Akin for our final appointment tomorrow. I absolutely adore his office staff and him. They have done so much for us and been nurturing, loving, empathetic and supportive along the way. We baked them cookies and have a little card as a small token of our appreciation. We can NEVER repay them for the help they have given us.

Good news is that we have been released back to Dr. Butler, Jennifer, and Joan....our favorites! I was supposed to see them next week but Dr. Butler was going to be on vacation and I knew that for my first appointment back to their office I had to see them!! I can't wait to introduce them to Sweet Baby Stout.

Also, I attended the women's ministry event this past weekend and it was powerful. I felt so appreciated and pampered throughout the whole experience. The worship was incredible, and the stories changed my perspective. I really need to find joy in all that I do. I was especially touched on Friday night when a young women shared her journey with her sweet daughter Audrey Caroline. You must check it out yourself. I will worn you....be prepared to sit for a while, cry, and be touched! I love you peeps.

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

Em


2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Can't wait to meet Baby Stout! I love ya, friend, and am so thankful for your friendship!

Courtney said...

Emily thank you for posting the link to that site. I wish I could have been at the retreat to hear her speak, but by pouring over her blog, wiping the tears from my eyes and praising God to be reading the words of such a Godly woman, I feel in a small way like I was there. Her story, Audrey's story, has touched me deeply and changed me permanently. Thank you for sharing.