Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 11 and 12 (oops)

(photograper we are using in January, her link is at the bottom of my blog)
Where did the weekend go? I spent most of it with the best husband ever! He was so sweet to me. Breakfast in bed Saturday, Panera and Starbucks on Sunday, and he even snuggled to watch Iron Man together (he is not a fan of laying around...all about go! go! go!) I told him if he keeps feeding me like this my belly is not going to be the only thing that expands! It was a wonderful, relaxing weekend. I am so thankful for all of our friends that came over, cooked, or took a nap (Jess) with me. God is so good. Twelve days ago I prayed that I would find joy throughout these two weeks and God has delivered Joy in abundance to me. He is so good. I also learned this weekend at church in regards to our plans/future that we truly need to trust in God at all times (good and bad).....after all He has a much better view. He sees the WHOLE picture and each day is a work of art in His grand masterpiece of our lives.



Taylor had a rough morning, but seems to have turned around this afternoon. It is so hard to know when a pet is suffering and when to make that dreaded trip to the vet. My heart breaks as I look in her little eyes....I just wish she could speak and tell me she was ready....I believe that God will lead us.



I also got in touch with an amazing photographer from here in Lexington. I have admired her work via her website and blog for a few years. Her name is Melanie Mauer and we finally connected today and she was wonderful. If you know Michelle Frank she was her kindred spirit....joyful. We are going to set up a session in either January or February downtown to capture this special time of pregnancy in our lives. Melanie mentioned some other crucial times to capture pictures of our sweet baby (1-2 weeks after birth, six months, and one year). I totally trust her judgement and would LOVE to have her involved in each photoshoot. Please check out her website and blog.....Love you guys.

http://www.melaniemauer.com/

Em

2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Praying for a great report from Dr. B tomorrow! love ya!

Unknown said...

aawwwh, you are so so sweet! warmly, -melanie-