Friday, October 31, 2008

HaPpY hAlLoWeEn!


Happy Halloween friends! I was thinking that this time next year, I will have my own little friend in a costume to show off. I can't wait! This has been such a great day already. I woke up and wrote three narratives for our first term assessments, had a good breakfast, and a long, hot shower. My dad called around 11:00 and said that my Nana's headstone had been delivered to the cemetary and wanted to know if I wanted to take a field trip out to see it. I couldn't wait to see what my dad had picked out to honor my Nana's life, and it was perfect. It was bench made of black granite with her named etched in the side. We are going to plant rose bushes around it in the spring. It will be a place that all of us can go (if I can find it again) to sit and reflect on all our memories of Nana (fiesty Nana).
The biggest surprise is that my mom let me go visit my kids at school today. I have been missing them like crazy and itching to go and see them for the last few weeks. I was waiting for them in the teacher chair when they got back from lunch. I don't know who was more excited to see who....I had to hold the tears back, I don't think they would understand why I was so emotional!?! I got 22 hugs, heard about all of their costumes and Halloween plans, we talked about their favorite candy and then they begged to see my most recent picture of the baby. I adore these kids and really miss each of their smiling faces. It was such a gift to SIT and visit with them today (I promise Jennafer).
I hope everyone enjoys their evening tonight. Colin and I are having my brother and his girlfriend over for dinner and to pass out candy. After the Trick-or-Treaters pass through some of Colin's buddies are coming over to play Rock Band. It should be a fun night.
Em

No comments: