Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 3

Today started out a little rough. I woke up happy that it was Saturday, but sad that my hubs decided to spend the morning hunting. Don't get me wrong, I know that he needs stress relief from work, baby, bedrest, and me....but hunting where there is no cell phone coverage? We had a really good talk this morning about how I am feeling about this situation and how he is feeling and the mutual word was overwhelmed. I think that we just don't know what to think, and still can't believe that I have to sit around for 2 weeks. It's all worth it, we know, but these days are creeping by. Tonight I am looking forward to going to church and then some friends are bringing over take out. Tomorrow evening our small group is coming over and bringing food, I love the visitors. It gives me a break from the TV/books/staring at the walls.

All in all, it has been a great day. I have enjoyed gaszpacho (sp) that my second mother made, Jan. It is an amazing cold veggie soup...I am really trying to watch what I eat since I am hardly walking up and down the steps anymore.

Please continue to pray that the blood clot is gone by October 21st and that the baby is healthy. Love you guys.
Em

By the way I am getting the first book in the Twilight Series (thanks Sara), Kendra I may be emailing you about the Karen Kingsbury books. Thanks for all the suggestions.

2 comments:

kitzkazventure said...

So, I showed my husband your blog picture and I am pretty sure that your husband is one of our favorites in the band because he just has "the groove". Love it!

THEN, when I read this on my favorite "need a good laugh" blog, I thought you guys would appreciate a good chuckle during this time plus you can read all of the other posts which are hilarious. I think Weece even got his different ways to raise hands in church examples from this site. Enjoy!

http://stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com/2008/10/419-bass-player-face.html

Now, I say all that and if your husband is not our favorite bass player on stage then disregard because I only got a peek at him at your house so I could be TOTALLY wrong and how embarrassing is that.....

On another note, if you need your pre-K kid fix, I am sure Nick would allow you to read him a bazillion books of HIS choice and I would be glad for you to read them! ;) What day can you fit us in?

Random thoughts, sorry!

Karen

Sarah said...

Hope you enjoy the series! It is highly addictive! Maybe it will help the time pass a little faster. I am keeping you in my prayers that the 21st can be the end of the bedrest!