Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 9 (It's Friday!!!)


I think that the mother instincts are starting to kick in. Everytime I hear Taylor move at night I shoot out of bed to check on her. Half the time I think she is stretching, but I am overly worried about her right now and can't seem to find a good nights sleep these days. She was a little down last night, but seems to have perked right up this morning. Especially when Swilly showed up with chicken-minis and then my dad came to pick her up for a ride in the car and time with Grandma and Grandaddy. I am really learning it's okay to cry, and talk through these emotions with Colin. You may think that sounds crazy, but my sweet hubs is so sensitive (I love that about him) and I normally try to keep it together so he doesn't get upset. Last night we just held each other and cried for our sweet puppy. (again those without a love for animals think we might be crazy, but you haven't be our dog :) We are well aware of God's timing, His love, and the fact that He planned this out perfectly. I am getting to spend sooooo much more time with her being on bedrest. Thank you.


My mom just got here. She is making chili for our Free Friday Eats crew. (this tradition started when I was a little girl on Nakomi Dr and has continued for the Baxter's, Howard's, Kemper's and Stout's). Tonight mom is cooking for all of us at my house so I can stay on the couch. Did I mention how lucky I am? I should probably wrap this up so I can spend time with her and "help" her with the cooking.


Jess and Swilly, if you are reading this, this morning meant so much to me. It is so safe to meet at someones house to open up, pray, share and be vulnerable. Thank you so much for being so dear to me and loving me for the crazy, spastic, bed-ridden friend I am. I love you both.


By the way....I believe I am beginning to sport a little baby bump. I wore my first maternity shirt the other day and Colin touched my belly and ask me what that was.....I wanted to reply it is our investment honey...don't you remember what we went through. But he was so excited to finally see some proof that we are actually expecting (besides the ultrasounds). His expression was priceless. I need to post a picture of my bump. I love you guys.

Em

No comments: