Friday, October 24, 2008

Relationships


(isn't this the cutest? It's cookies)

It's hard to believe but I have had an action packed day. My mom and dad came over this morning and spent the day with me (God gave me the best parents in the world). We enjoyed lunch, Price is Right, reading (most of the day), surfing the Internet, and Judge Judy. Dad and Taylor took a brief field trip mid-day to spend time with Charlie. Tonight my sweet husband surprised me with a beautiful vase full of pink roses, and lilies along with a picnic from Malones. After our dinner we decided to go on a ride in the car (it really is a big deal folks, I left the house). We took Taylor with us and picked up mom and dad to buy them a sweet treat from Sonic (a VERY small token of appreciation for putting up with me the last three weeks). It was fun to simply get in the car and see the neighborhood, roll the windows down (only for a minute, it was chilly and wet), and get some much needed fresh air. When we got home our friends the Johnson's stopped by and dropped off the cutes basket of fresh cookies from a place called Cookies by Design.
(www.cookiesbydesign.com) Check out the website. Now my husband is blowing up our air mattress because we are camping out downstairs by the fire tonight. I am so blessed. In The Shack, one of the main themes winding through was the importance of true relationships. This time of rest has really opened my eyes to the relationships God has given us, and shows us a glimpse of what is in store when we get to Heaven. Well, I need to stoke the fire, and calm Taylor down...she didn't like the air compressor at all. (By the way, she is doing well...still eating and pooping :) Love ya.
Em

No comments: